September 18, 2013
5 Mobile App Marketing Strategies for Established Brands
If you are in need of marketing your mobile app or are thinking about the right strategy to market your future app, you can’t apply what you know about marketing 1-on-1 to the mobile market. The following are 5 strategies you should keep in mind:
- Bring all the app stakeholders together as one team – In many organizations there are political fights over who is in charge of mobile apps. There are many good arguments for various departments. However, fact of the matter is, if you want to be successful, it is best if all of the stakeholders are at the table and working together. Try to steer away from turf wars and unite all the stakeholders.
- Market your app on mobile media – Don’t just use your traditional marketing channels. If you want to be successful, you have to market your app on mobile media and channels. Utilize mobile networks to boost your app download volume.
- Target optimal store rank – If you want to reach users that are just browsing the app store, you have to rank high in the store. Rank is all about acquiring organic users. Make sure you have a strategy on how to climb up in the store ranking.
- Target your “real” users – Make sure you don’t just focus on downloads, but on the conversion of download users to app users.
- Use optimization tools to improve performance – With optimization tools you can gain detailed insights into the marketing sources. They enable you to fine tune your mobile marketing tactics and optimize your overall performance.
Make sure you familiarize yourself with the new strategies for mobile app marketing or chose a partner that can help you with it.