5 Tips for Combining SEO and Paid Search Strategies to Improve Your Website Ranking
These five easy tips work by combining the two strategies to improve your website’s ranking, drive customer traffic, and even counter any bad press.
1. Create Better Brand Awareness
- When using paid search strategies and SEO strategies together, you give your business the ability to show up at the top of paid search results and at the top of organic search results.
- This shows your user that you are a dominant force in the industry.
2. Use Quality Content and a User-Friendly Experience
- Quality content and a user-friendly website not only help improve SEO, but also are vital when running SEM campaigns.
- Google Ads Quality Score takes into account the information on your destination page in terms of quality and relevance.
- Google Ads also looks at the call-to-actions (what you want the customer to do, such as fill out a form to contact you), ease-of-use and the overall layout.
- When a customer arrives at your website either from a paid campaign or organically (they found you on their own), you want to be sure they are getting the information they are looking for and with a pleasant experience.
3. Use Remarketing to Obtain Conversions
- Conversions (site visitor performing an action) coming from both paid ads and organic searches often don’t happen the first time someone visits a site.
- Building a remarketing list from the organic and paid traffic is extremely beneficial.
- Your remarketing list will allow you to target paid search ads at people who have visited your website.
4. Share Data for Easier Keyword Optimization
- Paid search and SEO are heavily dependent on keyword optimization.
- For businesses to surface in the search engine results page for relevant queries, they must target the correct keywords.
- If you already have a strong SEO strategy in place that already has keyword data, this can be used to help pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns improve their performance.
- If you do not have an SEO strategy in place and you are running PPC campaigns, you can take the best-performing keywords and have the SEO teams optimize those specific pages for enhanced visibility and traffic.
- Also, utilizing keyword information from PPC campaigns can help SEO to understand the types of terms that users are searching to find a webpage.
- Instead of waiting for SEO data to come in, which can take a bit of time, marketers can utilize PPC data for SEO strategies. When results start coming in from the SEO campaigns, then that data can be given to the PPC campaigns.
5. Combat Negative Public Relations
- Combining SEO and PPC can polish up your image if a customer posts a negative review or bad press is posted about your business.
- Use PPC campaigns to target the keywords regarding the bad press so your ad will show up at the top of the search results.
- Potential customers can then click on the ad, which should be designed to take them to a landing page explaining your side of the story.
If you need or want to improve your website visibility on search engine page results while improving your customer base, contact us today! Points Group will work with you to create an expert strategy to improve your rankings and revenue stream.