Challenges at the Practice
A large and well-renowned neurosurgical practice was looking to expand its business and increase its patient base. The practice had not made any investment in marketing, which was very evident. The website was limited to a few pages and received fewer than 20 site visits per day.
Upon engagement, we immediately recommended basic changes that would unite the practice’s brand across all platforms. Points designed a new logo and created new print material, including several new brochures. We also built a brand new website, optimized for search engines.
With these initial marketing building blocks in place, the practice saw a clear increase in both site traffic and patient conversion in the first 6-9 months. With the primary goal accomplished, Points continued to work closely with the practice to determine realistic and practical goals for continued expansion. Points was able to apply its panoply of marketing services to the practice. These services included:
- Enhancing the website: Created quality, consumer-friendly content on a variety of platforms: written, video, photography.
- Blogging: Writing on current, newsworthy topics, as well as medical advances to inform and inspire the reader.
- Press Releases (PR): Targeted media syndication efforts to help the practice gain recognition in its key markets.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) & Search Engine Marketing (SEM): Expansive initial keyword research to guide both paid search engine marketing and content development strategy to drive more qualified traffic to the website.
- Reputation Management: Scrupulous, ongoing screening of online reviews and initiatives to monitor patient feedback and positively impact the ever-expanding image-making machine.
- Event Planning: Organizing informative seminars, lectures and social events are to actively engage the practice’s peer group.
- Customer Service Training: Training staff to make the patient’s and his/her family’s first point of contact the best point of contact, thereby improving conversion rate and practice reputation.
- Referral Marketing: Engaging key resources in the practice’s peer community with our sales force to actively expand the practice’s referral base.
With the application of these services, the result has been astounding. In one year, the practice has experienced a 20% growth. The practice is also expanding geographically, having opened two new locations, and has added several new doctors to its group. Its online presence continues to grow, due in large part to its Points-designed award-winning website*, which has increased in site traffic by 500%. By following this specifically designed approach and investing in marketing, web traffic continues to rise and patients seek out the practice.
Plans for Future Growth
The next phase of the marketing strategy for this practice is to work with Points to ensure future growth while effectively handling current growth. This includes maintaining service to high patient volume with efficient front office staff, and expanding other areas of marketing and communications—both within the patient community and in the peer-group medical community.
The Points Group Difference
Points Group guarantees growth for healthcare groups looking to expand. This case history is just one example of what can happen when practices engage our full range of services, and follow our strategic plan for growth. When implementing our customized solutions, clients’ investments substantially pay off.
Points Group offers a free consultation to get you started on your healthcare marketing plan. Register by contacting 973-998-8008 or email@example.com.
*Our work resulted in an award from Graphic Design USA in the category of “Health & Wellness Website”