You want to expand into new markets. We’ll show you where and why.
Your patient catch basin is the radius from which your patients are drawn. Unfortunately, 90% of healthcare providers do not know the details of their catch basin. At Points Group, we recognize that patient catch basins have an impact on marketing, expansion, referral base and many other aspects of healthcare practices. This is why we have spent 8 years developing and perfecting our software and methodology to analyze and expand patient catch basins.
Are you a healthcare company that grows by mergers/acquisitions or adding locations? Stop expanding your healthcare practice based on assumptions and guesses. Instead, grow smarter by getting to know your catch basin. Our experienced consultants, along with our Catch Basin Analyzer software, can help you make the most effective decisions for the growth and profitability of your practice.
In healthcare, a catch basin is not only very distinct, but it is also highly dynamic. We take into consideration the different demographics in your area, population density, competition density and other factors that comprise the complex picture of your patient catch basin.
In its basic form, we divide a catch basin into 4 concentric circles around a practice location:
- Core – The core area constitutes 50 – 60% of your patient base
- Opportunity – The area from which 20 – 30% of your patients originate
- Extended – The area with approximately 10% of your patients
- Fringe – The remainder of your patient base
Our Catch Basin Analyzer, coupled with our full suite of marketing services, is best for healthcare businesses looking for the following information:
- Into which areas should I expand?
- Where should I spend my marketing dollars?
- Which acquisition target has the biggest impact on my business?
- Which of my locations should I consolidate?
- Where are the biggest opportunities to grow?
- What demographic patterns are most favorable for my growth?
- What are the catch basin differences by specialty or service line?
- How did joining a new insurance plan impact my catch basin and patient population?
If you find yourself asking these questions, contact us. We have the answers.
To better understand the science of Catch Basin Analysis, check out our blogs.
We base our decisions and recommendations to our clients on statistics that we are constantly gathering. Not only has this approach drastically boosted our success rate...
A good marketing team will be able to anticipate your needs, offer advice on how to grow your business, and set your practice up to attract and retain new patients.
Using the catch basin analysis to make strategic decisions about where to invest in the geographic expansion of your healthcare business and where to best...
This is the third blog in a series on the need for healthcare practices to understand the Catch Basin Analysis. In this blog, I will explain how and why it is important to incorporate this into any and all merger and acquisition processes.
Look at SEO and SEM as an extension of your sales and conversion process and implement processes that ensure the continuous measurement and improvement of the new patient, referral base and overall sales process.
A multispecialty healthcare practice with over twenty locations was looking to open new facilities within a 100-mile area. It had several real estate opportunities...