We help you grow your patient base by marketing to potential referring physicians.
Physician referrals are an essential component in attracting new patients. While a growing number of patients are empowered to find their own specialist, there is still plenty of impact behind a personal recommendation from a trusted physician.
At Points Group, we believe that physician referral marketing, like any other marketing campaign, should have a strategy and a budget. We encourage physician participation in the networking process, but understand that there is only so much time in the day for that to happen. This is where we can help. Our referral marketer act as a physician liaisons to build relationships on your behalf.
Points Group Physician Liaison Program
The role of a physician liaison is to help build and maintain long-term relationships with other physicians and their practice staff for the purpose of referral marketing. Depending on the needs of your practice, we can either provide you with a physician liaison or train an internal hire.
Points Group physician liaisons follow a 5-step approach to ensure the success of your referral marketing program:
- Getting to know you – Your physician liaison will meet with the doctors and staff to become acquainted with your practice and services.
- Building a customized plan – Your physician liaison works together with our marketing team to develop your campaign strategy, including a target list of physicians, and to create supporting marketing materials.
- Implementing a CRM System – No physician referral program is complete without a customer relations management system. This essential tool is used by your physician liaison to track leads and referrals.
- Executing the referral marketing plan – Once the strategy has been defined, your physician liaison will schedule visits and meet with the targeted practices.
- Reporting on the campaign’s progress – Each month, a report will be compiled to assess referral patterns and refine the approach as needed.
Learn more about how we approach referral marketing. Check out our blogs.
Welcome to Points Group’s newest blog segment, Ask the Agency. Each blog will feature our employees’ top answers to common marketing questions. This first installment features the very high-level question that we often hear from prospective clients looking to start marketing their practice, Where do we begin?
At Points, we've taken this concept a step further to include community marketing, which allows us to build relationships within the community as well.
A large and well-renowned neurosurgical practice was looking to expand its business and increase its patient base. The practice had not made any investment in marketing, which was very evident. The website was limited to a few pages and received fewer than 20 site visits per day.
One of the most common questions I have been asked by my medical/healthcare clients is, “Where should I spend my marketing dollars?"
CRM stands for "Customer Relationship Management." With CRM, you can store customer and prospect contact information, accounts, leads and sales opportunities in one central location.
Look at SEO and SEM as an extension of your sales and conversion process and implement processes that ensure the continuous measurement and improvement of the new patient, referral base and overall sales process.