Five years ago, a mobile website was nice to have. Today, a mobile website is essential.
Mobile traffic has exploded over the past few years. We have moved from “mobile is nice to have” to “mobile is essential.” With many websites now receiving less than half of their monthly traffic from desktop devices, it’s time to think “mobile first.”
In a recent study, 49% of hospitals were rated as giving a “poor user experience” to mobile users. That’s the digital equivalent of making half of your patients come into your office, and giving them a separate, dark, musty room to wait in. Don’t push away half of your potential customers because you don’t have a mobile site built for today’s generation of web devices.
And mobile marketing goes beyond website development. At Points Group, we also utilize app development, mobile search ads, mobile display ads, and re-marketing to specifically target mobile users – the users statistically most likely to make a decision or purchase.
At Points Group, we understand the importance of marketing on a mobile device. We know how consumers use their devices – and how to reach them effectively.
A mobile site is essential because:
- A user on a mobile site already has their phone in their hand. They are just a click away from calling. This is the most important type of visitor!
- A user on a mobile site can also use your address to get directions to your location instantly on their phone. You have the power to make it easy to get to you.
- 67% of users are more likely to buy from a mobile friendly site. (source: Google)
- With the rise of mobile popularity, experts predict that Google will increase the importance of a mobile site as it relates to SEO ranking, and they already consider a responsive site “best practice.”
A recent study by Google found that 44% of patients who found hospitals on their mobile phone went on to schedule an appointment.
A modern, responsive (mobile friendly) website is a necessity in order to take full advantage of that high conversion rate.
We recommend responsive web designs to all of our clients
Responsive web design, often referred to as “mobile-friendly”, is a technology that adjusts the layout of your website depending on screen size (be it desktop, tablet or smartphone). This helps eliminate the cost of an entirely new website just for mobile, makes for less time-consuming updates, and provides a consistent user experience. We have the capability to create full mobile sites, but recommend a responsive website because we firmly believe that this is the best option for your business.
We’ll help you get mobile ready with:
- A responsive web site that is mobile-friendly for tablets and smartphones, including iOS (Apple products), Android and Windows Mobile.
- Optimization of a mobile-friendly site, ensuring that the site complies with best practices based on user behavior.
- Marketing of your website through PPC and ads specific to mobile, as well as options for desktop.
- Mobile marketing on apps and other mobile friendly websites.
It’s time to change the mindset from “mobile optional” to “mobile essential.” Don’t miss out on revenue when mobile users close your site because they are unable to comfortably navigate and find information.
Give us a call, and find out how to increase the size of your sales funnel with a responsive website.