Do you actually really care about your patients or just your bottom line? What about your reputation? The successful practice has understood that a patient’s experience is the single most important factor influencing both.
According to the Medical Scribe Journal, hospitals with “excellent” patient experience ratings have net profit margins that are two and a half times higher than hospitals with “low” ratings (4.7% vs. 1.8%).
At Points Group, we specialize in helping your organization implement the best possible patient experience, including:
- Patient experience strategy and plan development
- Patient experience audits, including secret shoppers
- Customer service and empathy training for medical office staff
- Process and operation improvements
- Call center implementation and optimization
- Appointment scheduling optimization
- Patient conversion optimization
Patient experience strategy and plan development
Let us identify opportunities for improvement. We’ll do the heavy lifting and provide you with a strategic plan along with a roadmap and the help needed to successfully implement the necessary changes.
Patient experience audit
Our audit consists of a carefully crafted process that assesses all patient touch points and the overall patient journey, including:
- Secret shopper: Our secret shopper patients use real-life scenarios (appointment scheduling online and by phone, office visit, billing, complaints) to assess how your staff handles different situations and if your processes are set up to address all your patients’ needs
- Call analysis: We review recorded calls for training and process improvement opportunities
- Survey analysis: We create and distribute patient satisfaction surveys (or review existing surveys) to identify patterns and opportunities for improvement
Customer service training
Our medical staff customer service training gives your team the tools they need to improve communication with patients and anyone else with whom they may interact. We provide standardized instruction, new employee training, and customizations specific to your organization.
It takes 12 positive service experiences to make up for 1 negative experience.
With our standardized customer service training, your employees will learn:
- How to properly represent the practice brand
- How to work as a cohesive team
- Verbal and non-verbal communication skills including tone exercises
- Conflict resolution and how to handle a distressed patient
- Body language and how to behave in a practice setting
Process and operation improvements
Our Patient Experience team will help you re-engineer your operational processes to deliver the best possible patient experience and also improve overall efficiency and standardization. In addition, we help you create the right operation structure in order to provide an efficient and effective patient experience.
Call center implementation and optimization
Whether your practice has two locations or 20+, we can help you establish or optimize a centralized call center to ensure that all of the work you’ve put into improving patient experience is seamlessly integrated with your appointment scheduling team.
Appointment scheduling optimization
Our team can help you optimize and create a patient-focused appointment scheduling process that provides a positive and uncomplicated start to your patient’s journey. We assess and provide a strategy to create or improve:
- appointment scheduling rules
- scripts or call strategies for the (call center) staff and consistent messaging across all channels
- doctor/patient appointment matching with our TriagingTrak tool
Patient conversion optimization
Medical office staff are often in the position of being your (untrained) sales team. We can train your staff to help them provide patients with a good experience and to convert those calls and emails into new patients through improved call handling, benefit navigation and consistent communication.